TOURISM HEALTH AND SAFETY SEAL AT HOTEL MILANO
We are ready to welcome you back to Hotel Milano. We want to be part of your next vacation so you can relax and have the adventure you deserve by getting to know Old San Juan and the many sites Puerto Rico has to offer. For your peace of mind, we wish to share our Health and Safety Program, your safety is our top concern, together with that of our employees
OUR COMPROMISE TO SAFETY
We are following all safety and hygiene procedures, following Tourism Health and Safety program. Some details upon check-in:
- As a first measure, Our Health and Safety Officer will conduct temperature checks to all our guests, visitors, and employees at the wellness check point upon entrance to the Hotel.
- Each guest will be greeted by the Front Desk clerk through a plexiglas shield and will receive all the details of our safety protocols.
- If you are not a resident of Puerto Rico, you will receive a the Travel Declaration and Contact Tracing Form the Tourism Company to complete:
- Guests are required to use face masks all the time while in public spaces, if they do not have one, we will gladly provide you with one.
- All room keys will be properly sanitized before handed to the guest.
- All luggage carts and luggage will be disinfected upon arrival of all guests.
Hand sanitizer dispensers are placed at key guest and employee entrances and common areas. Also, there will be health and hygiene reminders throughout the Hotel, including employee areas, with reminders of the proper way to wear, handle, and dispose of masks, correct physical distance reminders, and proper hygiene practices.
Following CDC and local health authority guidelines, guests and employees will be advised to practice physical and social distancing by standing at least six feet away from groups of people, not in the same party with them while: standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the Hotel. Proper distancing protocols are implemented in the back of the house, the employee dining room, and other high-traffic areas. The correct signage will be posted to remind all and to explain the current procedures:
- Elevators: No more than one (1) person or four (4) in a family or group traveling together will be permitted at a time in the elevator.
- Wait in line: Any area where guests have to form a line, like at the Front Desk, the elevator, etc. will be clearly marked for appropriate distancing.
Now more than ever, our cleaning and sanitizing procedures are our top priority and we have updated all protocols to follow health and safety guidelines for the best sanitization program. We use cleaning products which meet EPA guidelines and are effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and blood borne pathogens.
The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on surfaces of frequent contact, like counters, elevator, door handles, rails, room keys, locks, tables, and seating areas. Also, the back of the house areas with high employee traffic, as well as shared equipment will be sanitized before, during, and after each shift.
HOUSEKEEPING: GUEST ROOM CLEANING AND SANITIZING
Housekeeping services will be offered upon a cleaning scheduled coordinated with Management, following physical distancing protocols. If a guest is still in the room when the attendant is scheduled to clean, they will offer to return at an alternative time.
The best cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, with emphasis on high-touch items including television remote controls, toilet seat and handle, door and furniture handles, water faucet, nightstands, telephones, light switches, alarm clocks, drape hooks, luggage racks and flooring.
Cart, trolleys and all housekeeping equipment will be sanitized at the start and end of each shift. All reusable collateral are provided as single use items. All bed linen and laundry will be washed at high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines. Dirty linen will be bagged in each guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry area.
You can ask our Hotel Staff for the Covid Control Plan and General Security Guides for more detailed information. Or, you could access the Puerto Rico Tourism Company website at https://prtc-covid19.com/ to read more about their Health and Safety Destination Program.
Please remember Island-wide curfew is in effect at the moment from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00a.m.
There is much to look forward to, and nothing better than to start planning. When the time is right, we will see you soon!